Are you looking for a simple, comfortable solution to stop snoring immediately? Many of us who suffer from the effects of snoring can attest to its debilitating consequences on our lives. Having a loved one who snores can also cause you many sleepless nights, not to mention possible problems in your relationship. But there are ways to fight the causes of this affliction and begin to live a happy and healthy life. If you have been looking for a way to cure your snoring or you have a loved one that snores, then you are about to discover one of the best methods to defeat this terrible affliction.
How to stop snoring immediately and what causes it?
Basically, snoring is caused by restricted airflow when the tongue and soft tissues fall back against the throat. This typically occurs when we are in a reclined position with the mouth open, such as sleep. The airway is narrowed by the arrangement of these tissues and consequently vibrates when air passes over them as you breathe. This vibration is the sound we identify as snoring.
There are many factors that cause snoring; here are a few common examples:
- A history of tobacco use – Using Tobacco (or contact with second-hand smoke) relaxes muscles and produces nasal congestion.
- Alcohol or drugs – Alcohol and medications increase muscle relaxation leading to more snoring.
- Sleeping posture – Sleeping flat on your back facilitates the flesh of the throat to relax and block the airway.
So, what steps can I take to cure my snoring problem?
Snoring can be a debilitating problem; thankfully there are many methods available to help. Here is a brief list of things that can help you stop snoring:
- Quit smoking – Smoking or if you work someplace where people do, can cause nasal congestion and relax throat tissues.
- Avoid Alcohol use – Alcohol also relaxes the tissues in the throat avoid drinking 3-4 hours before bed.
- Adjust your sleeping posture – Sleeping on your back can cause the flesh surrounding your neck to obstruct the airway.
- Lose weight – Being overweight contributes to the amount of fatty tissue around your neck, this extra tissue can block the airway when you sleep.
- Use a Jaw Supporter – Worn around the head, a jaw supporter adjusts the position of the lower jaw. This can help to open the airway and create snore-free sleeping.
Snoring is not just an ‘annoying’ problem it has real and dangerous health risks. The sooner you start to implement changes in your sleeping habits the better you’ll feel. Some of these suggestions are lifestyle choices and can take time to adapt. The use of anti-snoring devices like a good quality jaw supporter can have immediate life-changing benefits. They are comfortable, easy to use and can be purchased without a prescription.